Thursday, August 1, 2013

Sketch & 7 Dots Galore at The Paperhaus Magazine

Hey there lovely crafters! Have you heard? The Paperhaus Magazine is having a joint venture with 7 Dots Studio over the next few weeks! As part of the awesomeness, we, members of the PH DT  have the opportunity to showcase their products for our projects at the PHDT blog! We are also having designers of 7 Dots show us some of the awesome creations too! 

Here's what I did for this month's sketch at the PHDT using some yummo 7 Dots products



What I made was a mood board depicting my life as a SAHM. Life as a SAHM is extremely different from the life I led in the corporate world. It is far more challenging..but, I've never felt better. There are times I wish I was back in the workforce, but when I look at my little ones..., I wouldnt trade it for the world. 

About the layout, I fussy cut the following images off the collage fashionista PP:  ladies chit chatting by the fence, lil girls walking home from school and the lady with the handbag. These images depict my life in someway. I spend some mornings catching up with friends and towards noon I head to my eldest's school to fetch her & her friend home. The rest of my day is spent shuttling her around for various classes like math & ballet.

Next, using the sketch for inspiration, I applied texture paste using various SC Chevron masks at the edges. I followed the sketch further by replacing the flower motifs with stickers that read  'Family & Friends : Treasure', ' Women's Talk : Good Times' & 'Domestic Goddess : Adventure', in that order. I also stamped at random areas the days of the week for this is what my daily routine looks like. At the top right hand corner I adhered 'Close your eyes' and at the bottom right hand corner 'Live the life you imagined' - to basically tell  you to close your eyes and you will envision the life you lead

The rest of the layout is simply put together using some other stamping, die cut scallop borders, some misting (lots actually LOL), some twinkling H2Os & Washi Tape

Here are  the products I had used. 

Patterned Papers:
Love Is In The Air #SDPP0057

Stickers

Other Products:
SC Masks, Texture Paste, Mists, Twinkling H2Os, Donna Salazar Mixd Media Inx & Washi Tape

I had fun working on the sketch and if you have a go at it, be sure to share with us at The PH! Hope you like what you've seen here! Toodles!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on my post! It inspires me to create more! xoxo :)